These are some of the in house restrictions we have put in place, but we do reserve the right not to produce a deed poll where we consider it is for an illegal purpose.
• The chosen name change includes numbers or symbols so J03 Br03n would not be allowed.
• The chosen name promotes criminal activities; such as Mike Drug Lord
• The chosen name promotes racial, sexual or religious intolerance.
• The chosen name ridicules people, groups, government departments, companies or organisations;
• The chosen name breaches an individual or companies intellectual property rights
• The chosen name attempts to confirm a formal title or honour in order to commit fraud.
As long as you are not using the name change to upset, deceive, defraud or avoid justice, then we will be able to prepare a deed poll for you.
Fun or amusing name changes
Many people choose to change their names to something memorable or amusing famous examples are Lord Screaming Such, Rodney Trotter, Ali Bongo etc.
However a word of warning, that you must intend to use this name in all deeds and writing going forward. On occasions the UK passport office has been known to refuse silly name changes.
However you can always change it back, because there is no restriction on adults as to how many times they change their name, as long as it is not for fraudulent purposes.